Section 1 Scope and provider
(1) These General Terms and Conditions apply to all your purchase orders placed at the online shop of Sweetdreams Ltd, Unit 2A Admiral Business Park, Nelson Way, Cramlington, NE23 1WG, United Kingdom and any contract between you and us for the sale of products to you from our online shop (Contract). Please read these General Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any products from our online shop. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these General Terms and Conditions. If you refuse to accept these General Terms and Conditions, you will not be able to order any products from our online shop.
You can contact us online by clicking here.
(2) The products offered in our online shop are only available for purchase by persons who are 18 years or older. A consumer is defined as an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession.
(3) This Section 1(3) only applies if you are a business. We provide our deliveries, services and offers and enter into any Contract exclusively on the basis of these General Trade Terms and Conditions.
(4) The sole contract language shall be English.
(5) Conclusion of the Contract will be documented and stored at our location. Upon conclusion of the Contract, the text of the Contract will not be filed at our location and will therefore not be accessible by you.
Section 2 Conclusion of contract
(1) Presentation of products in our online shop shall not represent a binding offer by us to conclude a purchase contract.
(2) After you have placed products into the “shopping cart”, you can check and, if necessary, correct your entire order. You will make an offer of purchase only by clicking the “Order with obligation to pay” or similar button.
(3) Upon receipt of the offer of purchase, you will receive an automatically generated e-mail in which we acknowledge receipt of your order (acknowledgement of receipt). The acknowledgement of receipt does not mean acceptance of your offer of purchase. A contract is not concluded by sending the acknowledgement of receipt.
(4) A purchase contract for the products shall be concluded only when we expressly declare acceptance of the offer of purchase or when we ship the products to you without an express prior declaration of acceptance.
(5) If we are unable to supply you with a product, for example because that product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our online shop or due to an order quantity exceeding the stated maximum quantity per customer, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
Section 3 Promotions and coupons;
Promotion codes are only valid for orders placed online. Promotion codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new order placed with Sweetdreams Ltd.
Sweetdreams Ltd reserves the right to decline to accept orders where, in its opinion, a promotion code is invalid for the order being placed.
Promotion codes are only valid on specific products while stocks last and may be withdrawn at any time.
Only one promotion code can be used per order. Promotion codes are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Offer is not valid on sale items or other discounted items.
In the event of product returns, refunds will be given for cash used in the original purchase once the discount is applied, less any shipping costs charged on the original order.
In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the discount applied on that order will be spread between the goods proportionately. The sum in cash exceeding this value, less any shipping costs charged on the original order, will be returned to the customer. The promotional discount will not be applied to replacement items, if the offer is still valid at the time of making a return – you should place a new order using the original promotional code.
In the event of any returns meaning that the order no longer qualifies for the promotion advertised, Sweetdreams Ltd reserves the right to deduct the value of the offer from the refund.
In promotions where there is a free or half price item when purchasing multiple items, please note that the discount will be applied to the cheapest item.
Sweetdreams Ltd reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Section 4 Prices, shipping charges
The prices quoted on the product pages include value-added tax (where applicable) and the respective delivery charges within the United Kingdom.
Our jars and bags are packed in simple, recyclable cardboard boxes. The prices below are for delivery to Mainland UK ONLY.
|Courier 2-3 days
|Northern Ireland, Northern Scotland
|Courier 2-3 days
|Highlands & Islands
|Courier 2-3 days
It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the products in our online shop may be incorrectly priced. If this happens then we will not be obliged to supply the products at the incorrect price or at all. We will (at our discretion) either cancel your order and refund the price you have paid or endeavour to contact you and ask you whether you wish to continue with the order at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you or you do not wish to continue with the order at the correct price, we will cancel your order and refund the price you have paid.
Section 5 Terms of payment; default
(1) Payment can be made by:
Credit card (MasterCard and Visa);
Debit card (Debit Master card, Visa debit, Maestro, Visa Electron)
(2) When paying by credit or debit card, the purchase price will be charged to your credit or debit card account upon completion of your order.
Section 6 Delivery, delivery times, reservation of delivery
(1) The products shall be delivered from our warehouse to the address you have specified.
(2) Delivery is only within the United Kingdom
(3) On delivery of each product to you the product shall be at your risk and responsibility and you will be responsible for its safekeeping. Products ordered shall be delivered subject to availability of the products. Where products are not available for delivery at the time an order is placed, you shall be informed of the estimated delivery date. As soon as the products are available, they shall be sent to you.
(4) We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver the products within 3- 5 working days (excluding Saturday / Sunday and public holidays) of the order acknowledgement.
(5) Should there be any risk that high outside temperatures might affect the quality of our products during shipping (possible at 23 degrees Celsius or higher), we shall inform you of possible delays in or temporary suspension of delivery when you place your order. When placing your order, you agree that we will send the products only once the temperature has dropped sufficiently. In that case, the delivery times specified in paragraph 4 above shall not apply. We shall inform you immediately when we send the products.
(6) In the case of circumstances beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, the following to the extent these are outside our reasonable control: accidents, extreme weather conditions, fire, explosion, flood, storm, earthquake, natural disaster, failure of telecommunications networks, inability to use transport networks, acts of God, terrorist attack, war, civil commotion, riots, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, acts or restraints of Government, and imposition of restrictions on imports or exports) we may not be able to deliver the products within the timescales specified in paragraph 5 and we will not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver the products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by such circumstances.
Section 7 Retention of title
(1) We shall retain title to the products until the purchase price has been paid in full.
Section 8 Information about your right of cancellation and cancellation form
Consumers have the right to cancel their orders within 14 days unless their order has been dispatched. After the order has been dispatched, it is the customers responsibility to return the item in a saleable condition, with tamper evident seals intact, to receive either a full or partial refund.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us,
Company: [Sweetdreams Ltd]
Address: [Unit 2A Admiral Business Park, Nelson Way, Cramlington, NE23 1WG]
Phone number: [01670 738435]
of your decision to withdraw from the Contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel the Contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction; in any event, we will not charge you any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
All customers have the right to cancel their orders under the The Distance Selling Regulations which give consumers extra protection when buying online. Specific legislation here that applies is regulation 8 of The Distance Selling Regulations.
You shall send back the products without undue delay and in any event not later than within fourteen days after the day on which you communicate your cancellation from the Contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the products before the period of 14 days has expired.
Returns sent by post are at your own costs. Ensure you obtain a free stamped Proof of Postage from the Post Office as we are not responsible for items that are lost in transit or damaged on their way back to us.
Provided you have taken reasonable care of items (s) whilst they are in your possession (reasonable care includes inspecting an item, but would not extend to your opening or using it), we will refund the cost of the item and our standard delivery charge, but not the return postage costs unless the item was found to be faulty. If you damage items whilst they are in your possession, there may be a deduction from your refund. Please return the products to us with the original packaging if possible, with all packaging components. If appropriate, use a protective outer packaging. If you no longer have the original packaging, please use an appropriate packaging to provide sufficient protection against damage in transit to avoid claims for compensation due to damage as a result of insufficient packaging.
Please note we are permitted by law to either deduct from your refund or otherwise require you to pay an amount to reflect any diminished value of the products resulting from the handling of the products beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
(1) The right of cancellation does not apply to any delivery of sealed products which are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their seals have been removed after delivery or to any delivery of products if they have been inseparably mixed (due to their nature) with other products after delivery.
(2) Please avoid damage and soiling. Please return the products to us with the original packaging if possible, with all packaging components. If appropriate, use a protective outer packaging. If you no longer have the original packaging, please use an appropriate packaging to provide sufficient protection against damage in transit to avoid claims for compensation due to damage as a result of insufficient packaging.
(3) Before returning any goods, please email us at email@example.com and notify us of your return delivery. This will enable us to process your refund as quickly as possible.
(4) Please note that the arrangements specified in the above paragraphs 2 and 3 are not a precondition to effective exercise of your right of cancellation.
Section 9 Risk of transport, Damage in transit
(1) We bear the risk of transport until the product has been delivered to you. If products obviously damaged in transit are delivered, please notify such defects immediately to the delivery agent and please contact us as soon as possible.
(2) Any failure to notify the delivery agent or to contact us has no consequences in respect of your legal rights. However, you agree to provide reasonable assistance to help us assert our own claims against the carrier or the transport insurance.
It is not the sellers responsibility if your order has been signed for, but gone missing.
Section 10 Defective Products
(1) As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty. These legal rights are not affected by your right of cancellation and refund in Section 8 or anything else in these General Terms and Conditions. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED
We pride ourselves on the quality of all our chocolate products, but if our product is defective, please send us an email with batch information and pics if necessary at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the problem.
The replacement is at the discretion of the management / sales team. Generally we only replace items if they are defective or damaged and will be subject to checks. We may not be liable if the product has been damaged after being open and used.
To be eligible for a replacement or refund, your item must be in the original packaging, and be returned within 14 days and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 days.
To return your product please send to: Unit 2A Admiral Business Park, Nelson Way, Cramlington, NE23 1WG.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
You should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance, and please get proof of sending as we can’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Any personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment only.
Email opt in
If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products, services or discount codes.
You can opt out of these at any point, and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
Cookies & monitoring
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data only in cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, or personal safety of person/s. We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website [customers and sales] in order to describe our services to prospective partners [advertisers, sponsors] and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may update, vary and amend these General Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. Each time you order or otherwise purchase a product from us, the General Terms and Conditions in force at that time will apply (as set out on our online shop). Please check to ensure that you understand which General Terms and Conditions apply. These General Terms and Conditions were last updated on 5th June 2020.
We have a growing number of UK and international stockists and are very happy to consider further enquiries. If you would like learn more about our Sweetdreams Confectionery product range or would like to be a Choc Nibbles stockist please complete the form below. Please note we supply to trade only, minimum order quantities apply.
For general enquiries and consumer services