Posted on 25th September 2019
With a passion for chocolate, you will manufacture our handcrafted chocolate offerings, whilst taking an active part in New Product Development, working alongside clients to create bespoke products to their exact taste, quality and expectations.
You will be trained by our award winning ‘The Sweet Consultant’, Andy Baxendale of BBC2’s the ‘Sweet Makers’ in hand panning techniques to create unique, mouth-watering and distinct chocolate confectionery.
This job would suit someone with creativity, a love of food/chocolate and a willingness to work hard and learn a truly traditional skill. Ideally you will have experience of working with chocolate or confectionery and are a determined, motivated and organised individual, with artistic flair and your passion drives you.
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter stating why you should be considered for the position to : email@example.com .
The successful applicant will assume responsibility for the following :
Working in a manufacturing environment your duties will include :
• Preparation of centres prior to coating
• Preparation of raw materials prior to coating
• Chocolate coating via panning process – both mechanically sprayed and hand applied liquid chocolate.
• Chocolate polishing following panning
• Cleaning of area on a routine basis and to facilitate production of “free from” products.
• Familiarisation with equipment and machinery required to coat and polish products – including air conditioning and handling, compressed air, chocolate sprays, rotating pans, chocolate tanks and pumps.
• Working with and advising clients on their NPD to tweak products to their exacting taste requirement.
• Fully involved in generation of BOM’s, product specifications and customers specification for all panned products. To liaise between suppliers and manufacturers assisting in sourcing of materials, costing and ensuring our administration is up to date with correct ingredient specifications.
• To assist with the creation of finished product specification sheets for customers.
• Interpretation of production plan to maximise efficiencies during panning process
• Managing and maintaining traceability throughout process, generally working within the remit of BRC certification.
• Preparation and management of customer samples
• Prepare essential paperwork to ensure full traceability of products from raw materials to finished and packed goods.
• Allergen, Food hygiene, HACCP and BRC training will be included if not already held.
The position is full time, working in our factory in Cramlington, Northumberland.
Salary expectation depending on experience is £9.25-£12 per hour.
We have a growing number of UK and international stockists and are very happy to consider further enquiries. If you would like learn more about our Sweetdreams Confectionery product range or would like to be a Choc Nibbles stockist please complete the form below. Please note we supply to trade only, minimum order quantities apply.
For general enquiries and consumer services